The application process is now closed for this season.
Want to participate in “The Funatics” program 2023/24!
To be considered, each applicant must finish every part of the application.
Be sure to read the instructions carefully, and finish each portion accurately.
What is the Funatics” Program?
The Funatics program at Schweitzer is a great way to get kids fired up about skiing or snowboarding. These are sports that can keep them active and healthy during the cold gray winter months, and they can continue to enjoy them throughout the rest of their lives. Funatics connects groups of similar age and ability who spend eight weeks together exploring all the mountain has to offer. The group and their coach stay together for the entire program to maximize the fun and the learning. This is an all-day program from 9:00 to 3:00. Lunch is not included, the kids are supervised. Classes are either on Saturday or Sunday, starting on January 6, 2024 and end on March 10, 2024. No class on MLK weekend (Jan 13/14) Presidents weekend (Feb 17/18). The package from North Idaho Mountain Sports Education Fund will also include a season pass, bus pass, and rental equipment.
What is “The Adaptive” Program?
The Adaptive Program is for those with disabilities who may want to participate but have special adaptive requirements to be able to do so. If you are interested in the adaptive program, click here to see the full instructions.
- Be within the ages of 7 years to 17 years old
- Have an economic need
What You’ll Need to Apply:
- A student-written explanation as to why they want to participate in the program.
- A letter of reference from a non-family member as to why the student is deserving of this, and that there is an economic need. This letter will need to be mailed with the application.
- A computer or mobile device with internet to fill out the online application.
- A way to print the online application once it is filled out, and submitted. (Once the online application is submitted, each applicant MUST download a copy of the application [a link is provided on the page that confirms the application was submitted], and print it out to be sent to NIMSEF).
- An envelope and postage for mailing aspects of the application.*
- A copy of the parent’s tax return from the previous year.
- A student-written explanation as to how they plan to earn the entrance fee themselves.**
Steps to Apply:
- Fill out the respective online application for either new or returning students.
- After completing the application, there will be a downloadable version of your application available to download.
- Download the application and print it out.
- Student must write/type the explanation as to why they want to participate in this program and include with printed application.
- Include the letter of reference with the other application aspects.
- Attach a copy of the Parent’s tax return from last year to the printed application.
- Mail the application to the NIMSEF’s address (see below).*
- Compose an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the applicant’s name in the subject line and send it off. This email will be used to get a hold of each applicant.
*Mail the downloaded application, Student explanation as to why they want to participate, letter of reference, and parent’s tax return at the following address:
PO Box 170
Ponderay, ID. 83852
**A fee of $50.00, or $100 for 16-17 y/o for first-timers and $100/150/200/250 for returning students is required. We believe that anything that is earned is valued more. We would like the child to earn the money themselves. This could be done by helping at home, chores for neighbors or friends etc.
Due date: 10/15/23